Friday, January 30, 2009

Today's Extraordinary Things



















January 30, 2009

Cornflake Girl Moment
When will Jennifer Aniston break free from acting as herself? Acting should be the ability to roleplay, right?

My Body is a Temple
Today’s morning ritual involved a communion with God. Makes me wonder why we need churches (was that blasphemy I just typed?).

The Need to Believe
I think everyone needs a God to believe in. Be it any kind of God.

How Successful are You?
I believe success is defined as an improvement from the old self than a comparison from another.

Dr. Grace Legasto
I met a “quality-over-quantity” doctor at the UP Infirmary. Every doctor should try to be like her.

Who is She?
I met a 70 year old woman who worked in the scholarship department in the 3rd floor of Vinzon Hall. She talked about how she felt like she is a question mark at this point in her life. Her husband’s in the US helping out his sister who’s having family problems. Her only son has had two unfinished degrees and ended up as a caregiver. However, he can’t work abroad because he’s afraid his wife wouldn’t be able to take care of their two children (11 years old and 6 months). She fears she doesn’t have enough tie left and it’s sad because “umiiyak daw ang puso nya.”

Revenge of the Nerds
My brother’s going to get his glasses tomorrow, now we’ll both have glasses - revenge of the nerds. Rawr.

“Haba ng Hair Ko!”
Inspired by the Earth Gym, I walked from AS to the College of Mass Comm (CMC) to renew my statbook loan. When I entered the library, the librarian said “ang ganda ng buhok mo.” And I thought I looked haggard then.

Only in UP
I waited for an SM North jeep in front of the College of Music and everything seemed to be on macro shots. The leaves swaying in multitude were hypnotic. The sunset shadowed by trees was a sight to behold that I couldn’t help but take a picture. My camera phone didn’t do justice but funny enough, the guy to my left did the exact same thing, took a picture of the beautiful sunset in front of us.

Sushiya, I Miss You
I ate agadeshi tofu in Teriyaki Boy but nothing compares to Sushiya’s silken tofu…hmm…

Homesick
A little girl asked her big sister to tie up her hair in the mall’s restroom, I missed my little sister, Camille. Another little girl asked her daddy for a piggyback and I wondered when was the last time I asked my dad for one. I miss them.

Brown, Black and White
I saw three dogs playing on the grounds of Quezon Hall. The youngest of the three, the white puppy, seemed to be happy in a world of its own; unmindful of the commuters who’ve been waiting for SM North jeepneys for more than half an hour already.

No comments:

Post a Comment