Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today's Extraordinary Things



















January 24, 2009

Dreaming my Dreams
First dream: I dreamt I woke up and was already starting my day with preparations for our pajama party at my bestfriend's house (I don’t wear pajamas to sleep, it’s more like overnight thing, really), only to realize minutes later that I was still asleep. Second dream: I was trying to single out a particular bird’s chirping and believe it or not, I was able to recognize it despite other birds chirping the same sound. Unfortunately, I forgot how I did it when I woke up. Third dream (my bestfriend says I have too many dreams in one sleep and that they last too long for a normal person): I dreamt that my younger brother died. But in my dream, we were all in the living room and he was also with us. I told my Dad, “Andito pa siya,” until I saw his hand pass through me…

Mary Anderson Invented the Windshield Wiper, Yey! (in chorus)
I forgot on what context the topic of women inventors came up but when my bestfriend and I asked our close guy friend to google just how many women inventors there were; it seemed like google was not indulging us with its search-in-.04 seconds mode. My bestfriend and I were frustrated. When he did find a list, we asked him to read out loud the women’s names and their inventions. He read Mary Anderson’s name and her invention, the windshield wiper. My bestfriend and I shrieked with delight. And I don’t think he understood why.

No comments:

Post a Comment