February 1, 2009
Pride: Law is Blind
I saw in a CNN article that the Rohingya refugees were ACTUALLY convicted in Thailand for illegal entry. If they can’t pay $200 for citizenship in Myanmar, how in the world to the Thai government expect them to pay 1,000 Thai baht? If the law is not able to protect people from exercising their right to live, what do we make of the law we have created for ourselves and for other generations to come? These refugees will be deported after imprisonment and imposed penalties, but it is unclear where they will be sent to afterwards. Where do they turn to now?
Glutton: …and Still Salivating
I ate 3/4 of baked tahong today.
A Moment of Silence
I conducted my English class inside the car because kids playing outside the house were noisy and dogs inside were barking like crazy. Ah, the of wonders wireless technology!
Pride: Law is Blind
I saw in a CNN article that the Rohingya refugees were ACTUALLY convicted in Thailand for illegal entry. If they can’t pay $200 for citizenship in Myanmar, how in the world to the Thai government expect them to pay 1,000 Thai baht? If the law is not able to protect people from exercising their right to live, what do we make of the law we have created for ourselves and for other generations to come? These refugees will be deported after imprisonment and imposed penalties, but it is unclear where they will be sent to afterwards. Where do they turn to now?
Glutton: …and Still Salivating
I ate 3/4 of baked tahong today.
A Moment of Silence
I conducted my English class inside the car because kids playing outside the house were noisy and dogs inside were barking like crazy. Ah, the of wonders wireless technology!
No comments:
Post a Comment