Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today's Extraordinary Things



















February 3, 2009

Eve Peres
While doing my homework in statistics, I wrote the word persevere in my notebook. Obviously, I wasn’t one of those people whose brains work like scientific calculators when they see numbers. Curiosity got the best of me and searched for possible anagrams of the word. Interestingly enough, I got this name: Eve Peres. Since then, I’ve been writing it on my notebook whenever I feel the need to overcome boredom and frustration.

Gramsci, Goethe, Nietzsche
How do you pronounce these anyway?

A Literary Memorabilia Worth P300
A classmate of mine in Pop Culture recounted the time when he found a treasure of a book, that is not sold anymore in bookstores elsewhere, in Cubao X. What’s more interesting is the book was signed with dedications for the owner who was a director. Lucky guy.

A Whale of an Encounter
A woman had an unusual encounter with a pilot whale in a National Geographic episode. Although prohibited by law, she pushed her luck and touched the pilot whale in front of her. Her husband was recording the encounter the entire time. Things were going smooth until the whale grabbed her leg by its mouth and dragged her down to 60 feet. Fortunately, she only sustained minor bruises on her leg. The experts said at that depth, a normal person would have ruptured ear drums, collapsed lungs and suffer from disorientation. The woman ended up having a tattoo of whales on her ankle so as not to forget her encounter with the whale.

No comments:

Post a Comment