March 14, 2008
I just finished watching Coleen’s Real Women, it’s a reality TV series that features Coleen Mcloughlin helping out real women compete against real models in becoming models of famous brands in the UK. It’s one of the shows I’ve come to watch here in Northern Ireland. Apart from American Idol. I learned that the word Ibiza, the clubbing capital of the world, is actually pronounced as “ay-bi-tha”. It’s where Coleen picked her real women in that episode. That’s just a bit trivia for everyone.
Now let me tell you about my perfect day. I woke up early with great anticipation. This morning was our last day in creative writing class. We were supposed to bring our mugs because I guess we were to have a mini celebration at the end of class. Our tutor, Ann McKay, brought up the time I spent in a separate class composed of students with Down Syndrome. I guess she found out when my mom and I went to the class last Monday. I was supposed to read my own work but there wasn’t enough time so my mom helped me come up with the idea of reading them something from the Philippines: “The Legend of the Three Races” from this helpful site on Philippine legends. My mom was a great help, sharing interesting things about the Philippines. She even drew the Philippine map.
Going back to our class, there was talk about the upcoming exhibit on the 21st. A selection of our works would be exhibited in the Green Lane Museum at the Roe Valley Country Club. How grand can that be? We then proceeded as normal, had a break after an hour, ate brownies, humus, sandwiches, cakes and drank tea. Then it was time for me to read my work. I decided to read my piece about the things I’ll miss about Northern Ireland, seemed to be very fitting. The class ended and everyone bade me goodbye and take care. I hugged some of them who became my friends and the entire experience just made me so happy instead of sad. Yes, I will miss the class but I just have so much to take home with me, in my mind and in my heart, all of them grand memories, that I can’t help but be happy. It was raining on my way to class but it was well worth it. We exchanged email addresses and I promised to email them a copy of the class picture (I brought my Dad’s digicam along for a photo souvenir of the class).
Afterwards, I went to town and just had my “me-time.” I guess there were still some remnants of last night’s quality time with the bath tub. You see, my sister helped me draw a bath and it was the first time I got to soak myself in a bath tub. How pleasant it was to be surrounded by water and bubbles. My sister even read me poems by Richard Ross (a random book of poetry my Mom has in her dresser). Have you ever heard of a little sister spoiling her big sister? I swear the need to buy a bath tub in the Philippines is building up on me.
So going back to my trip to town, I landed on getting a CD of “The Best Irish Poetry” for 95 pence! (That’s just cents here in Northern Ireland). I’ve been wanting to find a gem of literature to take back home with me and I got it for 95 pence! I also got Mary Wollstonecraft’s A Vindication of the Rights of Woman” for £4.99 from the heavenly Books Upstairs. Next week I’m going to get Neil Astley’s “Staying Alive” from the same bookstore. Our tutor recommended it and when I read that Shirley Manson (Garbage’s vocalist) also recommends it; I just had to get one for myself. It’s a collection of contemporary poetry from writers all over the world. I can’t wait for Pam (Books Upstairs owner) to ring me.
Speaking of ring, I got the silver ring I ordered last Monday from Bond Jewellers in town. Silver jewellery is more popular here than gold which suits me just perfectly. The white box was such eye candy. The ring had three different stones around its entire band. Beautiful colors of pink, lilac and purple; very special.
On the way home, I bought gingerbread man cookies and an éclair for my sister. I didn’t realize how long I was at the bookstore. Walking home, the weather cleared and I couldn’t help but smile. Could the day get any more perfect than today?
I just finished watching Coleen’s Real Women, it’s a reality TV series that features Coleen Mcloughlin helping out real women compete against real models in becoming models of famous brands in the UK. It’s one of the shows I’ve come to watch here in Northern Ireland. Apart from American Idol. I learned that the word Ibiza, the clubbing capital of the world, is actually pronounced as “ay-bi-tha”. It’s where Coleen picked her real women in that episode. That’s just a bit trivia for everyone.
Now let me tell you about my perfect day. I woke up early with great anticipation. This morning was our last day in creative writing class. We were supposed to bring our mugs because I guess we were to have a mini celebration at the end of class. Our tutor, Ann McKay, brought up the time I spent in a separate class composed of students with Down Syndrome. I guess she found out when my mom and I went to the class last Monday. I was supposed to read my own work but there wasn’t enough time so my mom helped me come up with the idea of reading them something from the Philippines: “The Legend of the Three Races” from this helpful site on Philippine legends. My mom was a great help, sharing interesting things about the Philippines. She even drew the Philippine map.
Going back to our class, there was talk about the upcoming exhibit on the 21st. A selection of our works would be exhibited in the Green Lane Museum at the Roe Valley Country Club. How grand can that be? We then proceeded as normal, had a break after an hour, ate brownies, humus, sandwiches, cakes and drank tea. Then it was time for me to read my work. I decided to read my piece about the things I’ll miss about Northern Ireland, seemed to be very fitting. The class ended and everyone bade me goodbye and take care. I hugged some of them who became my friends and the entire experience just made me so happy instead of sad. Yes, I will miss the class but I just have so much to take home with me, in my mind and in my heart, all of them grand memories, that I can’t help but be happy. It was raining on my way to class but it was well worth it. We exchanged email addresses and I promised to email them a copy of the class picture (I brought my Dad’s digicam along for a photo souvenir of the class).
Afterwards, I went to town and just had my “me-time.” I guess there were still some remnants of last night’s quality time with the bath tub. You see, my sister helped me draw a bath and it was the first time I got to soak myself in a bath tub. How pleasant it was to be surrounded by water and bubbles. My sister even read me poems by Richard Ross (a random book of poetry my Mom has in her dresser). Have you ever heard of a little sister spoiling her big sister? I swear the need to buy a bath tub in the Philippines is building up on me.
So going back to my trip to town, I landed on getting a CD of “The Best Irish Poetry” for 95 pence! (That’s just cents here in Northern Ireland). I’ve been wanting to find a gem of literature to take back home with me and I got it for 95 pence! I also got Mary Wollstonecraft’s A Vindication of the Rights of Woman” for £4.99 from the heavenly Books Upstairs. Next week I’m going to get Neil Astley’s “Staying Alive” from the same bookstore. Our tutor recommended it and when I read that Shirley Manson (Garbage’s vocalist) also recommends it; I just had to get one for myself. It’s a collection of contemporary poetry from writers all over the world. I can’t wait for Pam (Books Upstairs owner) to ring me.
Speaking of ring, I got the silver ring I ordered last Monday from Bond Jewellers in town. Silver jewellery is more popular here than gold which suits me just perfectly. The white box was such eye candy. The ring had three different stones around its entire band. Beautiful colors of pink, lilac and purple; very special.
On the way home, I bought gingerbread man cookies and an éclair for my sister. I didn’t realize how long I was at the bookstore. Walking home, the weather cleared and I couldn’t help but smile. Could the day get any more perfect than today?
No comments:
Post a Comment