Out of boredom, I decided to watch an old DVD with “Crush” as its title. It didn’t look very promising but since it had Andie McDowell in it might as well be worth watching (I just looked it up in imdb.com and it said the film was actually shown in 2001).
Anyway, it was a feel good movie; and I think I liked it because of the way the three women’s (Andie McDowell, Imelda Staunton and Anna Chancellor) friendship reminded me of my best friends back home. I wondered if we would still have that kind of friendship when we’re 40. Hmmm.
A few nights ago I was listening to my walkman phone trying to get some sleep (that’s my night time ritual), I was listening to a song by Our Lady Peace, “Clumsy.” This song goes way back 6th grade when my best friend and I would drum our fingers on our table and tap our feet as we sung the first stanza. I never realized how beautiful the lyrics were. It might as well top “our theme song” – “Indestructible” by Alisha’s Attic. I couldn’t resist posting the lyrics here:
Throw away the radio
Suitcase…Keeps you awake
Hide the telephone, the telephone
Telephone in case…You realize that
Sometimes your just not OK
You level out, level out, level out
It’s not alright now…You need to understand
There’s nothing strange out this
You need to know your friends…You need to know that
I’ll be waving my hand
Watching you drown, watching you scream, quiet or loud
And maybe you should sleep
And maybe you just need…A friend
As clumsy as you’ve been there’s no one laughing
You will be safe in here, you will be safe in here
Throw away this very old…shoe lace
Tripped you again
Try to shrug it off, shrug it off, shrug it off
Sow the skin now
You need to understand…there’s nothing fake about this
You need to let me in…watching you and
I’ll be waving my hand
Watching you drown, watching you scream, no one’s around
And maybe you should sleep
And maybe you just need…A friend
As clumsy has you’ve been, there’s no one laughing
You will be safe in here, you will be safe in…
I’ll be wavin my hand…Watching you drown…
Watching you scream…Quiet or loud…
And maybe you should sleep
And maybe you just need…A friend
As clumsy as you’ve been, there’s no one laughing
You will be safe in here, you will be safe in here…Yeah
You will be safe in here…in here…Yeah
in here…Yeah…in here…Yeah…in here…Yeah
in here…Yeah….in here…Yeah
One day to go and it’ll be the Incubus concert back home. I miss my best friend.
Anyway, it was a feel good movie; and I think I liked it because of the way the three women’s (Andie McDowell, Imelda Staunton and Anna Chancellor) friendship reminded me of my best friends back home. I wondered if we would still have that kind of friendship when we’re 40. Hmmm.
A few nights ago I was listening to my walkman phone trying to get some sleep (that’s my night time ritual), I was listening to a song by Our Lady Peace, “Clumsy.” This song goes way back 6th grade when my best friend and I would drum our fingers on our table and tap our feet as we sung the first stanza. I never realized how beautiful the lyrics were. It might as well top “our theme song” – “Indestructible” by Alisha’s Attic. I couldn’t resist posting the lyrics here:
Throw away the radio
Suitcase…Keeps you awake
Hide the telephone, the telephone
Telephone in case…You realize that
Sometimes your just not OK
You level out, level out, level out
It’s not alright now…You need to understand
There’s nothing strange out this
You need to know your friends…You need to know that
I’ll be waving my hand
Watching you drown, watching you scream, quiet or loud
And maybe you should sleep
And maybe you just need…A friend
As clumsy as you’ve been there’s no one laughing
You will be safe in here, you will be safe in here
Throw away this very old…shoe lace
Tripped you again
Try to shrug it off, shrug it off, shrug it off
Sow the skin now
You need to understand…there’s nothing fake about this
You need to let me in…watching you and
I’ll be waving my hand
Watching you drown, watching you scream, no one’s around
And maybe you should sleep
And maybe you just need…A friend
As clumsy has you’ve been, there’s no one laughing
You will be safe in here, you will be safe in…
I’ll be wavin my hand…Watching you drown…
Watching you scream…Quiet or loud…
And maybe you should sleep
And maybe you just need…A friend
As clumsy as you’ve been, there’s no one laughing
You will be safe in here, you will be safe in here…Yeah
You will be safe in here…in here…Yeah
in here…Yeah…in here…Yeah…in here…Yeah
in here…Yeah….in here…Yeah
One day to go and it’ll be the Incubus concert back home. I miss my best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment