My Friendster shout out says “grateful.” And I once read somewhere that writing down the things you are grateful for can do wonders for you. So I guess you already know what’s coming.
I am grateful that my parents are still together and that I am not a part of a broken family. Yesterday, my mom told me about a couple’s story – friends of hers. She said, in their relationship, babae ang nagdadala. And out of curiosity I asked her, e sa inyo? She answered without hesitation. Pareho kami. I got the answer I was looking for and I was satisfied with it. My parents may have had their differences but, in truth, they actually complement each other. He has a tendency to splurge, she has a tendency to salt away. She can be so forgiving, he can be so strict. All in all, you can say, their kids have had a balanced life.
I am grateful that I have grown up with a passion for music, poetry, prose, visual art and all things beautiful.
I am grateful that I can read my kuya’s thoughts and complete his sentences. As kids we were like cats and dogs, our bond is inexplicable and I know it’s a rarity these days.
I am grateful that I can ‘just talk’ to my best friend even if we don’t see each other regularly. Fourteen years of amazing friendship and still counting…
I am grateful to be where I am now – this stage in my life. Wiser, I can see through the bad experiences and come out with ‘hope for the flowers.’ The world is out there and problems only play as big a role that you allow them to be. 25 couldn’t get any better than this.
I am grateful that my parents are still together and that I am not a part of a broken family. Yesterday, my mom told me about a couple’s story – friends of hers. She said, in their relationship, babae ang nagdadala. And out of curiosity I asked her, e sa inyo? She answered without hesitation. Pareho kami. I got the answer I was looking for and I was satisfied with it. My parents may have had their differences but, in truth, they actually complement each other. He has a tendency to splurge, she has a tendency to salt away. She can be so forgiving, he can be so strict. All in all, you can say, their kids have had a balanced life.
I am grateful that I have grown up with a passion for music, poetry, prose, visual art and all things beautiful.
I am grateful that I can read my kuya’s thoughts and complete his sentences. As kids we were like cats and dogs, our bond is inexplicable and I know it’s a rarity these days.
I am grateful that I can ‘just talk’ to my best friend even if we don’t see each other regularly. Fourteen years of amazing friendship and still counting…
I am grateful to be where I am now – this stage in my life. Wiser, I can see through the bad experiences and come out with ‘hope for the flowers.’ The world is out there and problems only play as big a role that you allow them to be. 25 couldn’t get any better than this.
No comments:
Post a Comment