Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Northern Ireland















Here in Northern Ireland, you can see murders of crows in the sky. I guess it’s a common thing in UK countries but I know there is never a chance that I will see one in Manila. Horizons stretch themselves to the point that you won’t know where the earth ends and the sky starts. The sheep, their wool thick for shearing and the cows you can find only in the now-non-existent Birch Tree commercials. The people greet you with how-do-you-do’s and remark everything with ‘it’s lovely.’ I don’t know of any place where you can experience the four seasons in a day. Flowers are everywhere and book stores can take your breath away. Susan Lordi’s Willow Tree sculptures are priceless. Tea time is always nice when eaten with Rowan-Hill chocolate cakes. Lamb will always be my favourite meal and Tesco my new SM. For someone who loves chocolates, never have I imagined that infinite amount of chocolates within reach can make me stop from craving them. Potato, being the Irish staple food, set my heart closer to this place – I am and will always be a N.O.P.E. member (National Organization of Potato Enthusiasts). The gadgets here are cheap like crazy. I will definitely miss that 42in TV. The carpeted stairs and lamps will always give me a romantic memory. S.D. and B.T. will always hold a special place in my, ehem, heart. All these things I will miss. Except for their lack of cup A lingerie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment