Monday, February 25, 2008

Them Who Keep Me Sane






Thank you for the careless way you leave them banana peels on the table after you’ve eaten some. This way, I get to clean up the I-will-sorely-miss mess you’ve made.

Thank you for staying up despite more than 12 hours of work, just so you can find out what happens in CSI. This way, I get to laugh at your droopy eyes and tell you to go to bed like a kid.

Thank you for making me do every little thing, from cooking your food to shaving your head. This way, I get to do things with you even though we’re all grown up.

Thank you for singing like there’s nobody watching, talking like there’s nobody listening. This way, I get to tell you what an autistic (more like lovable, really) you are.

Thank you for fighting with me, walking with me, sleeping next to me every single day. This way, I get to witness the wonder that is you – growing up.

I will never trade it for the world.

I won’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment