Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ecological Intelligence

More than a month ago, I subscribed to the Story of Stuff newsletter and two videos from one newsletter struck me, I would like to share them with anyone who would care to visit my blog. I've been ranting about the convergence of capitalism and environmentalism, and when I watched Bill Moyer's interview with Daniel Goleman, author of Ecological Intelligence, Goleman put my frustrations into words - radical transparency on the hidden impacts on what we buy. His ideas were celebrated by Time Magazine as one of "10 Ideas Changing the World Right Now."

This video will take less than 20 minutes of your time. Goleman mentions of two insightful websites for us plain and concerned citizens who are in dire need of help - a push and a shove - to make informed and collective decisions that affect not just our personal lives but the planet as a whole. Good Guide and Skin Deep provide helpful information on which products to use that are non-toxic to our bodies and to the environment.

The original video can also be watched here.




No comments:

Post a Comment