Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Mundane



















It’s great to have ‘a place to come home to,’ a reprieve from adversity and just breathe in the mundane. Listening to Switchfoot gives me front row seats to the big screen of my life. I have been on auto-pilot for quite a while, this is my first attempt to be normal again, to just be. I write on…

Today is my off and I went to the mall to perform my weekly ritual of domestication and vanity. I went to the mall to do a bit of grocery and ended up with permed eyelashes, threaded eyebrows, french tipped toes and a pair of fiery red shoes.

My free time is unfortunately sized down to these rituals since my bestfriend and I don’t have the same off. She’s off on the weekends and I, on the other hand, am free on only two days during weekdays. And since I can’t drag my second bestfriend to a movie since our friendship is on a hiatus (war-mode), I am left to labor over my laptop during the rest of the remaining hours.

Do not watch Adam Sandler’s Zohan if you want to keep your brain cells from going lethargic . Happy Madison should just donate their money to those in need. What a waste. Why does my brother always buy stuff like that?

In less than three hours, I will be joining the Tori Amos’s video chat about the new comic book tattoo. I ordered it on my birthday and pray to God I get it soon. Three months is a long time spent on salivating. I’ll be getting the Limited Edition bound in leather, signed and numbered by Tori herself.

Newsflash: Lipton’s original milk tea is refreshingly good. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment