My best friend shared with me a music file containing Glenn Close’s reading of Pablo Neruda’s “I Like For You To Be Still.” I am not familiar with Neruda’s works but I was already a fan even before the reading has ended. Listening to Glenn Close moved me. She read ever so powerfully. I had to get the Il Postino OST fast. And yes, it was worth it. Ralph Fiennes’s “Ode To The Sea” and Andy Garcia’s “Tonight I Can Write” made me smile and tugged at my heart at the same time. I didn’t realize Wesley Snipes could read so beautifully. “If You Forget Me” is only as beautiful as any poem could ever get. To anyone who shares a passion both in music and poetry, this is a must-have.
- Morning (Love Sonnet XXVII) - (read by Sting)
- Poetry - (read by Miranda Richardson)
- Leaning Into The Afternoons… - (read by Wesley Snipes)
- Poor Fellows - (read by Julia Roberts)
- Ode To The Sea - (read by Ralph Fiennes)
- Fable Of The Mermaid And The Drunks - (read by Ethan Hawke)
- Ode To A Beautiful Nude - (read by Rufus Sewell)
- I Like For You To Be Still - (read by Glenn Close)
- Walking Around - (read by Samuel L. Jackson)
- Tonight I Can Write… - (read by Andy Garcia)
- Adonic Angela - (read by William Dafoe)
- If You Forget Me - (read by Madonna)
- Integrations - (read by Vincent Perez)
- And Now You’re Mine (Love Sonnet LXXXI) - (read by Andy Garcia & Julia Roberts)
No comments:
Post a Comment