Monday, November 7, 2011
To Rozen
Labels:
Fever or forgotten wings,
Musings
Psst. Dropped by your blog. Incidentally, just a few hours ago I just felt extremely sad and thought about the weeks we spent at the hospital with her, for her. I thought about writing about it but ended up reading a poem an Irish friend gave me (from the writing group). It gave me great comfort because it felt like she was talking me through that difficult moment. Thought I'd share it with you.
Love,
A wee fat bird
Ascension
I have gone ahead.
You must continue on,
Renew and finish what I strarted,
Work that had been left for me
By those who had departed
Long before you even came to be.
The place where I have finished
Now is ready for your hand.
My memory will guide your efforts.
You will grow in strength and
You will understand and carry on
Our work with confidence,
Till you are ready too,
In time, to go ahead with me.
Those who must continue will begin
Again and bring it to fruition,
Or to greater levels
Than you could imagine.
You will know that all that we have done
Has never been in vain,
For you will know another journey,
One i have begun, in the loving company
Of Him, Whose joy is leading, guiding
All the work that was and is and ever will be done.
-Deidre Devine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:P how can wee and fat be the same? ill read it again when i can connect, but right now im eating chips and doing homework. lol.
ReplyDeletei r a walking contradiction! :P engeng chips...
ReplyDelete